Sunday, June 24, 2007

No rain

No rain today for the first time in 2 weeks. We all took advantage and went to the cargo pier for some swimming. We saw a couple dozen spinner dolphins from the pier (for those of you who haven't heard of them, they like to jump and spin around, hence the name). So those are the pictures you'll get today. The weather was beautiful, sunny and we had a nice breeze. Of course I'm sunburned again (not too bad since I had sunblock, but bad enough that the spray pack will be a little uncomfortable on my back). There were lots of green sea turtles and a couple monk seals on the beach nearby, but they didn't care too much about us. I took the picture of the shark from this pier last weekend. We didn't see any today though.
It was a pretty good weekend, but the weekdays aren't so bad either.
Jumping off of Cargo pier.
These dolphins were pretty far out and I had to use my 300 mm zoom lens at full zoom, so I'm glad they turned out ok. Not professional, but ok.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

The dophins look like they're having a good romp too! I love spinner dolpins!