Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Sailboat (Tall Ship to be more correct)

Tomorrow morning we are expecting another sailboat to pull in. I'm not sure why right now, but I know they need fuel. I can let you know the details later. I'll have to get up early to put out the rat stations and rope guards. This is one of those tall ships so it's quite a bit bigger than the westernaustralia2011.com boat that was here a few weeks ago. I think this one is about 115 ft. long. I should have some pics tomorrow. For today I'll just give you a few pictures that I took on Saturday.

See the tiny white tern chick at the bottom of the picture. This is in front of Barry's house. Usually they will be on something other than the ground such as fences, branches, stumps, air conditioners, window ledges, wheelbarrows, etc. This area is near his steps so it's a little raised from the yard.

It was probably less than a day old and if you have a 15" monitor, it is about life size (smaller than a golf ball).


He kind of looks like he's starting to get annoyed with the papparazzi.

2 comments:

RunnerBecky said...

Cottonball with a racing stripe! Funny how it does look quite agitated! :)

Peggy said...

So much attitude from that little puffball!