Thursday, June 5, 2008

Eastern Island

This morning Greg, Forest, Kim, and I went to Eastern Island to survey the plant situation over there. We found pretty much the plants we expected over there. This afternoon was an inside day. We went over some more plant information, too bad I didn't get all of this a year ago.
I've only got 2 days left on Midway. So I hope all of you daily blog readers will find something else that can keep you busy for 2 minutes a day.

Brown noddies are on an old ironwood stump.


I haven't put a picture of a frigatebird chick yet, so here it is with its mom.


Here's a Laysan albatross on the south side of Eastern Island.

7 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

We have truly enjoyed your blog and pictures. Best of luck in the future.

Peggy said...

Pete -

It's been such a pleasure to visit your blog during your time on Midway. I hope you start a new blog and I hope somebody on the island will try to fill your shoes (hard task).

Kind regards,

Peggy

Anonymous said...

Very well done Peter! I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog, both text and pictures.

I wish you every success in your job search and look forward to the "future adventures of Pete and Dasha."

Best wishes, Buzz S.

Anonymous said...

Pete,
Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us. The photos, and your narative have been great! Best wishes on whatever you do next. Please keep in touch
Nelson & Mona Klavitter

John Carlson said...

Pete,
I have really enjoyed visiting Midway via your blog. I look forward to reading more from the next location.

Unknown said...

Hey Pete -

Just wanted to wish you well... I've just escaped from my remote field camp here in the Queen Charlottes to enjoy a week off in town. Couldn't help but wonder what you guys have been up to and found myself checking out your blog. Have managed to track down a lead on a beach volleyball up here... won't be the same no doubt -people wearing tuques (winter hats), no goonies and maybe less cheating. Happy trails Pete. Please pass on a huge hello to everyone.

Jen

Clarksville Small Appliance Repair said...

Great read, thanks for writing this